Pivotal180’s Summer Content Recommendations
By Bastian Stroemsheim
June 16, 2023
Taking a summer break from your financial models, but want to stay connected with project finance? We have compiled a list of our best recommendations for summer readings and podcasts related to project finance, with a couple of bonus recommendations for movies/TV.
Our reading list is designed to give you a refreshing break from all the IRS guidance, and although it comes with tradeoffs, we have opted for the slightly more engaging options.
The macro picture for decarbonizing and investing in renewable energy
- Speed & Scale: An Action Plan for Solving Our Climate Crisis Now (John Doerr)
- Investing in the Era of Climate Change (Bruce Usher)
- How to Avoid a Climate Disaster (Bill Gates)
Can’t have enough of the sun?
- Solar Power Finance Without the Jargon (Jenny Chase)
- Taming the Sun (Varun Sivaram)
Dive further into the underlying model inputs
- The World for Sale: Money, Power and the Traders Who Barter the Earth’s Resources (Jack Farchy & Javier Blas)
- The Price of Time: The Real Story of Interest (Edward Chancellor)
For the captivating storytelling
- Superpower (Russell Gold)
- Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room (Bethany McLean & Peter Elkind)
- The Power Broker (Robert Caro)
If you are more of an audio person, we would first recommend tuning in to our courses and interviews!
- In conversation with Lydia Li
- In conversation with Andrew Kessler
- In conversation with Gadi Taj Ndahumba
In cases where a good podcast is all you truly search for, consider the following options:
- Currents (Norton Rose Fulbright)
- Catalyst with Shayle Kann (Canary Media)
- Redefining energy
Lastly, for those who prefer something binge-worthy, we have a couple of suggestions for movies/TV. Although in some cases the ties to project finance are somewhat watered-down, you will still find some relevance. With that aside, our list includes:
- The Big Short
- Who Killed the Electric Car?
- Chernobyl (HBO miniseries)
Please use the links below to find out about Pivotal180 and our financial modelling courses and services. Experience the Pivotal180 difference.
- Financial Modeling and Support
- Project finance and infrastructure financial modeling
- Renewable energy project finance modeling
- Tax equity modeling
- Introduction to Battery Storage