Build a Tax Equity financial model from scratch.
This is an intensive course providing an overview to tax equity structures commonly used in U.S. renewable energy investments, with a focus on the development of a financial model.
This is not a beginners course and we would strongly recommend taking Renewable Energy Project Finance Modeling in advance of Tax Equity. The tax equity course assumes knowledge of (1) the initial grounding in best practice modeling techniques and (2) some of the tax concepts introduced in the Renewable Energy Project Finance Modeling course (“REPFM”). The Tax Equity course goes deep into tax capital accounts, deficit restoration obligations, stop loss allocations, and HLBV accounting. None of that content is contained in REPFM. You will build a tax equity model from scratch.
Our courses are not limited to financial modeling and best practices in Microsoft Excel. We are committed to explaining how the numbers align with underlying financial and engineering concepts, transaction structures, legal documentation, market conditions and risk management approaches. We don’t just teach how to build models. We teach how to do
Learn from industry leaders and ivy league professors either in-person at a public session, on-site at your offices or campus, online, or our new live streaming courses.
Self Paced Online Tax Equity Modeling course available now.
Live streaming online training courses are as close as you get to the experience of an in-person class. Participants will develop a full financial model together with the instructors, with the ability to ask questions and seek individual support and feedback. The courses include all of the benefits of live classroom training.
The course includes:
- One-on-one access to our instructors
- Free access to the online self-paced learning version of the course
- 2.5 hour live sessions for 3 days a week (Tuesday-Thursday) over a 2 week period
- This gives you time to review concepts before the next class
- Or for you to dive deeper into concepts that are covered in the self-paced online course
- Recordings of each session
- Classes start at 11am New York time, so are accessible to most people in the Americas, Africa, and Europe
- A chance to grow your network!
Tax equity concepts
Best practice modeling techniques for U.S. taxation, partnership allocations, tax capital accounts and HLBV accounting
High-level introduction to sale leaseback and inverted lease/pass-through structures
Register your interest in our online courses
These videos are course samples from the tax equity modeling course.
OUR BLENDED LEARNING COMBINING IN-CLASS AND ONLINE MATERIAL ENSURES THAT WE TEACH MORE AND YOU LEARN MORE.
|Course Portfolio||Region||Course Delivery||Start Date||Price||Register/Enquire|
|Tax Equity Modeling||All||Online Self Paced||Available Now||USD 800||Register|
|Tax Equity Modeling||Americas||Live Streaming||29 Sep 2020||Contact Us||Reserve a place|
|Tax Equity Modeling||UK/Europe||Live Streaming||20 Oct 2020||Contact Us||Reserve a place|
|Tax Equity Modeling||Asia Pacific||Live Streaming||17 Nov 2020||Contact Us||Reserve a place|
|Tax Equity Modeling||Americas||Public Session||24 Nov 2020||Contact Us||Reserve a place|
|Tax Equity Modeling||All||Inhouse Tailored||On Request||Contact Us||Request proposal|
Contact us for on-site or on-campus pricing and options.
The cost of the online course will be credited to you if you join a public or live streaming session within 12 months of purchase.
Discounts provided off the full course prices.
- Students and non-profits are eligible for a discount of 50% (no other discounts may be added to this). Online course price for students and non profits is $400.
- Other discounts
- Group booking of 3 or more people – 15% Price per person for online group bookings is $680.
- Early bird (interactive online sessions only ) if book 8 weeks before the course – 10%.
- 12 months access to our online material, including concept videos with transcriptions, lecture slides, downloadable spreadsheet examples.
- A complete step-by-step model walk-through using an annual model, and access to discussion forums for ongoing questions.
- A downloadable quarterly Tax Equity model
- Subscription can be extended annually post the first 12 months for $100 per annum.
- Lunch, tea & coffee at the venue (public session participants only).
- Membership to the Pivotal180 alumni network.
- Course completion certificate.
- This course is best suited to people with experience in the sector, however those who have completed our Renewable Energy Project Finance Modeling course with a keen interest in tax equity are encouraged to join
- Important for foreign investors looking to understand the US market
- Analysts, associates, vice presidents and banks, funds, investors, developers and operating entities needing to understand the complexity of tax equity
- CFOs or other finance team members of operating entities who have the mis-fortune of taking over a deal tax equity model
|Tax Incentives and Restrictions||
|Optimizing a tax equity model||
- It is strongly recommended you have completed the Renewable Energy Project Finance Modeling Course (either as a public session or online) prior to taking this course. If you haven’t completed this recommended course, please speak with us to determine if the course is appropriate for you.
- This course also assumes prior knowledge of advanced Excel functions and techniques as well as best practice modeling skills
- Knowledge of project finance pass-through entities, generation and operations of renewables projects, and tax calculations recommended (covered in recommended course above)
Computer, 2 screens preferable, Microsoft Excel
Laptop & Power cord
Public courses run from 9am – 5.30pm at a location to be confirmed post registration
Live streaming are 2.5 hour live sessions for 3 days a week (Tuesday-Thursday) over a 3 week period
Live streaming classes start at 11am New York time, so are accessible to most people in the Americas, Africa, and Europe
Online course has over 16 hours of content and will take about 26 hours to complete if you do it from start to finish
|>4 weeks before the course||Full Refund|
|1-4 weeks before the course||50% Refund|
|<1 week before the course||No Refund|